Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
November 18, 2017
November 22, 2017
Town of Greenwich Office
November 24, 2017
November 25, 2017
November 29, 2017
Village of Cambridge Office
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
August 29, 2017, 10:00 AM - 10:01 AM @ Board of Supervisors Committee Meeting Room
August 29, 2017, 1:00 PM - 1:01 PM @ Board of Supervisors Committee Meeting Room
August 29, 2017, 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM @ Salem Volunteer Fire Company
The purpose of the class is to make Fire/EMS responders better aware of suspicious activities (potentially related to terrorism and other criminal behavior) and the proper way to report these observations to the New York State Terrorism Tips Line. New York State has approximately 100,000 Fire and EMS responders who respond to over three million calls per year. Increasing your situational awareness will increase your crew’s personal safety and may prevent the next terrorist attack. Homeland security begins with hometown security!
Content: Topics to be discussed include:
• Terrorism Threat Overview and the Terrorist Attack Cycle
• The 8 Signs and 16 Behavioral Indicators of Terrorism
• An Overview of the New York State Intelligence Center (NYSIC)
• Hazardous Material, Explosive, and Clandestine Labs, and Threats to Responders
• How to Properly Report Suspicious Activity to the Terrorism Tips Line (and other appropriate authorities)